Monday, October 5, 2009

Epic Weekend


Wow. This weekend was the best. It was Sam's first Saturday off since we got married. We were suppossed to go to Sun Valley but unfortunately, I got the black plague. NO Sun Valley for us as the little babies would be there.


But we were determined to make the weekend epic despite my illness.


We decided to spend our time in Nampa with Sam's family at his parent's beautiful house. We packed our bags and were on our way. It was epic.


++ first weekend away together since the honeymoon


++ family family everywhere


++ non stop beatles rockband (my fav is sgt. pepper and the walrus)


++ two words: BREAKFAST. CASSEROLE. It will change your life. your WHOLE life.
++ taking care of bruce


++cinnamon rolls and orange rolls
++ going out to the movies


++ homemade pizza


++ shooting at a shooting range. I shot a powerful handgun!! I must really be in love. Scared the crap out of me.


++finshing thank you notes **I know were so ghetto - but they're coming, I swear!!**


++catching up on journal writing


++ family history talks


++ book of remembrance - hearing stories of Sam when he was little


++ hanging with Tyler and Max


the best part of all though was to spend so much time with Sam consistenly. We laughed an joked all weekend long. (each of us thinks the other one is hoot even if no one else does). It was an aboslute dream. Each day with Sam is better than the last.
image from le love

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend!!

    I've always wanted to try the beatles rock band!!

    wasn't conference awesome!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun weekend! Sorry you were under the weather though. Seems to be going around because I woke up with the nastiest scratchy throat and I'm not feeling well!!! (not to mention 37 weeks prego and ready to POP!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this post is sweet! glad that you got to spend so much time with Sam. Sorry that you got the black plague though. That is most inconvenient.

    and can i get the life changing breakfast casserole recipe? or is that a secret?

    ReplyDelete