This I have slowly and painfully learned in my life: there's no looking back. Surely learn from our experiences, enjoy fond memories but don't get too caught up in past mistakes embarassments or even what we thought to be better times. Forgive ourselves look forward with faith into the next archway of life. Don't look back like Lots wife as Jeffrey R Holland said. Look forward with faith or as
JRHolland put it:
"Nobody had ever crossed the red sea this way so what? There's always a first time."
I have always looked forward to the archways of my life even if they were scary.
College
Moving to Italy by myself
Graduation
Moving to new York by myself
Finishing internship at the UN not knowing if I'd find a job
Finding a job not knowing fully what lie ahead
Making new friends and roommates along the way
Moving home to idaho leaving a new apartment and promotion behind and having no clue about my future
Not finding a job
Starting a job I was unsure about eventually receiving two promotions
And my most assured and confident archway falling in love and marrying sam
I see now how I was prepared through all this to meet him and start my family
So I need to remember this moving forward
Archways bring it on!
image, my own, roman archway in the forum
-- Post From My iPhone
Challenges, changes and bumps, oh my. I hope that all these things lead to much better things for you. I think it was President Monson that said all great blessings are preceded by a trial, but that if you can make it past the trial the sweet is so much better because you experienced that bitter.
ReplyDeleteI am sending good vibes, and keeping fingers and toes crossed that all the best will come to you. :)