
Sam and I have been having a debate whether Target is classier than Walmart. I have held fast to the idea that it is because of store layout, advertising and above all, products offered.
Sam just thinks its another Walmart type store. Something settled the debate this weekend:
Registering for our wedding, Sam and I had great success with Williams and Sonoma and Bed Bath and Beyond.
With Target, however, we had problems from Day 1. The website was hard to navigate, customer service was terrible and the worst part are the returns.
In order to return anything you have to print off your registry from these little kiosks every time. Annoying. Isn't that Target's job???
We have a whole stack of items in our garage that we weren't able to return that we know for a fact that came from Target. The items would either no longer be in the store, (so off their system) and we couldn't return them or the item would have been purchased online and you have to do separate, online, returns via the mail for those - however if you don't have a gift receipt your screwed.
Every time we went to customer service it took FOREVER going back and forth from the inconvenient little kiosks, to customer service calling the national customer serivce reps over the phone. It's just been ridiculous!!
At one point, they even suggested we return something to Walmart since they wouldn't take it even though they confirmed for a fact that the item had come from their store.
The straw that really broke the camels back was when we went to return a blender that we had received quite late this summer as a wedding gift. It was $100. Since we hadn't received the blender we registered for we used our gift card money and bought a blender at Williams and Sonoma.
We went to return it at Target and were UNABLE to. They would not accept it because it had been purchased online. Their big solution to that is that we can print out our registry, however as we found out it expires after 90 DAYS!!! RIDICULOUS. No one EVER warned us about that.
BBBeyond and W&S keep your registry FOREVER and even offer you discounts for finishing up your registry (at W&S you can do this for 6 months!!!!)
The customer serivce people were totally clueless and unhelpful.
In conclusion: NOT CLASSY.
Sam just thinks its another Walmart type store. Something settled the debate this weekend:
Registering for our wedding, Sam and I had great success with Williams and Sonoma and Bed Bath and Beyond.
With Target, however, we had problems from Day 1. The website was hard to navigate, customer service was terrible and the worst part are the returns.
In order to return anything you have to print off your registry from these little kiosks every time. Annoying. Isn't that Target's job???
We have a whole stack of items in our garage that we weren't able to return that we know for a fact that came from Target. The items would either no longer be in the store, (so off their system) and we couldn't return them or the item would have been purchased online and you have to do separate, online, returns via the mail for those - however if you don't have a gift receipt your screwed.
Every time we went to customer service it took FOREVER going back and forth from the inconvenient little kiosks, to customer service calling the national customer serivce reps over the phone. It's just been ridiculous!!
At one point, they even suggested we return something to Walmart since they wouldn't take it even though they confirmed for a fact that the item had come from their store.
The straw that really broke the camels back was when we went to return a blender that we had received quite late this summer as a wedding gift. It was $100. Since we hadn't received the blender we registered for we used our gift card money and bought a blender at Williams and Sonoma.
We went to return it at Target and were UNABLE to. They would not accept it because it had been purchased online. Their big solution to that is that we can print out our registry, however as we found out it expires after 90 DAYS!!! RIDICULOUS. No one EVER warned us about that.
BBBeyond and W&S keep your registry FOREVER and even offer you discounts for finishing up your registry (at W&S you can do this for 6 months!!!!)
The customer serivce people were totally clueless and unhelpful.
In conclusion: NOT CLASSY.
I love Target Sooooooooooo much. But yes, we too ran into some difficulties with our wedding registery. Unfortunately, I'd rather shop there any day over Walmart. I'll deal with it all. Walmart brings the WT (white trash) from outta nowhere. Very rarely do I see any wife-beater mullet haircut woman walking through the store with her cut off shorts and cubby thighs hanging out. And come on....You can't beat the Target Dollar Spot!
ReplyDeleteI love Target too, but I would N-E-V-E-R register there again. You'd think I would learn my lesson after my wedding. I didn't. After the whole returning baby items from my registry grief the second time around (who needs two bouncers, six of the same onesie, 3 Bumbos, etc.? I'm not Kate of Plus 8 fame.) I vowed never to register for anything there again EVEN THOUGH every day shopping there is like heaven and makes Walmart cry itself to sleep because they will never be as classy as Target.
ReplyDeleteFunny clip... I've heard a TON of horror stories about Target Registry. They are also not the greatest about couponing. I do think they have a better look and feel than Walmart though. Too bad. I always tell people not to register there and stick to Bed Bath and Beyond. They are amazing about registries. Good luck with your extra blender.
ReplyDeletesorry you have had such troubles, we registered at target and didn't run into any troubles returning things, when we didn't have a recipt we got a gift card for store credit instead and we got a discount for things that were on our registry that we didn't receive as gifts.
ReplyDeleteI used to be a Target hater. Especially the Boise store, it seriously smells weird when you first walk in that particular store. I mean, really, who wants to shop at a funny smelling store? THEN they opened the Eagle store and I lived super close and it was super convienent (and it didn't smell weird) so for awhile I was a closet Target lover. I had held my grudge for Target for so long that I was embarassed to let it be known that I now loved the store. Now I shop there all the time without shame. However, I never have registered at Target instead opted to register at BBBynd for my wedding and Babies R Us for my baby showers.
ReplyDelete